How To Reduce The Carbon Footprints While Traveling
As Einstein said, “ If the bee disappeared off the face of the earth, Man has only 4 years left to live.” This statement might be true or not but the truth is that we are living in a world that is getting warmer day by day, which means we might possibly not die by the extinction of bees but we will surely die because of Global warming. Every now and then we see articles, newspaper headlines related to it. Because of the increase in the number of carbon emission earth is getting hotter day by day.
In this new age of green travel, it’s possible to be a more responsible jet-setter even before you back out of the gate. Thanks to the pope, presidential candidates, intensifying natural disasters, and regular doomsday reminders global warming has finally gone mainstream. Yet while climate change may no longer be an issue that can wait for the next generation to resolve, those of us who love to travel often find it challenging and — let’s be honest — burdensome to delicately plan a trip around the wellbeing of the environment.
As environmental activism transcends trendiness, airlines are upping their green game, taking to social media to tout their accomplishments, hoping to score points with eco-conscious customers who might care as much about JetBlue’s new urban farm at JFK’s Terminal 5 as they do about the introduction of free fleet-wide wi-fi.
So here are the tips and tricks to reduce carbon footprint so that our little help could make a greater difference in the world where everyone doesn’t take the environment seriously.
- Take a nonstop flight. Because that is going to spend less amount of fuel. sometimes it is mind-numbing, but it is efficient.
- Fly on a newer plane. I know that every time it is not possible but when you have time to plan your trip then it is quite helpful.
- Lowering the window shades could be efficient because it will help the aircraft to remain cool.
- Pack less, the heavier goods will be quite helpful to lower the load rages. Delta is packing lesser in an effort to cut fuel consumption.
- Offset your carbon footprint, by traveling in smaller groups.
These were some of the tips and hacks to reduce carbon footprint some traveling tips can also be like say no to bottled water, avoid single-passenger vehicles, use an electrical rickshaw, use less plastic take a carry bag with you, wherever you go. These can help you to cope up with your carbon footprint. If you know more you can give suggestions as well.
Read More :